Without further ado, and in no specific order:
- How incredibly sad that this is making my list, but I am thrilled to report to you all that there have been no more spiders on my shower curtain since I changed to a clear curtain. Come to think of it there have been no more 2-legged peeping toms either, but I'm coming to terms with that. And making myself back into peeping tom shape is one of my resolutions.
- We went on an adult's only holiday, and while some parts of it weren't exactly delightful, it was nice to get away!!!
- I also got to go to Disneyland in May with 36 junior high kids for their Tour Band trip. I think the adults had FAR more fun than the kids did!
- Leon graduated into the Edmonton Fire Department this year after trying for four years!
- I met some FABULOUS bloggers! I was awarded several times, and each one totally delighted me! I won some great stuff, too! I even got to be one of Candid Carrie's field trip desinations! I hope in 2009 to meet at least a few of you in person! How cool would THAT be??
- I took some time to reflect on the past, and it didn't even kill me, nor did it hurt, very much.
- One word. Soccer. Yup. Soccer. An absolute highlight of every week, times 2. I love it. It's getting me off my ever-expanding rear end and I'm having fun and making me a priority and showing the kids that I find exercise a priority. My girls now play soccer too, and Leon coaches. We've made it a family thing that we can all do together, watch, play and cheer!
- Last, of course, is watching my friends and family grow through another year. And no, I didn't mean that in any derogatory sense. We all just get better, and better with each passing year. Naturally.
All the best to you all in 2009!