Sunday, November 29, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Welcome Thursday visitors from Mama Kat and big hugs and high fives to my regulars!
"Touch it!" she said.
"Yeah! Just touch it. It's okay. It's sterile. It just feels really rubbery when the blood is drained and (naturally) the circulation has stopped and the ice is packed around it making it cold." she tried again.
"Um. Not a chance." There was no way on God's green frigging earth that I was going to touch some poor fool's amputated finger.
The other nurses around me wouldn't even touch the thing.
Well, can you believe that within a couple of minutes she had me convinced?
So I slowly and gently reached over....
I turned my face slightly away and watched out of the corner of my eye as my finger moved, seemingly with a life of it's own, toward the speciment jar....
And ever so bravely, I stuck my finger down into the container....
And wouldn't you just know it?
THE DAMNED THING MOVED!!!!
OH! MY! GOD! I screamed bloody murder.
And woke all the patients trying to get some sleep.
And scared the hell out of the nurses huddled around me.
My delightful orthotech had cut a hole in the bottom of the container and stuck her own finger in through the bottom, packed it with ice and went around to each pod playing her little trick.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Have You Ever Painted Tabasco Sauce On Your Fence And Later Decided That Those Were Two Hours Of Your Life You Would Love To Have Back?
1.) A Thanksgiving to be remembered...(inspired via Twitter by @knitmyrhino from Crafting With Rhinos)
2.)Describe the most destructive thing your pet has done.
(inspired via Twitter by @alisha41481 from A Day In The Life Of Okie Rednecks)
3.) Describe in 1000 words or less a time when something happened and you knew that life would never be the same.
(inspired via Twitter by @lesleehorner from Waiting For The Click. Entries can also be emailed to Leslee at email@example.com)
4.)Share a diary entry from when you were 13...feel free to make one up!
(inspired via twitter by @EricaVoll from I'm Still Fabulous)
5.)Describe a moment you felt embarrassed by your parents.
(inspired via Twitter by @MamaOtwins1 from 3 Boys + 1 Hubby = What Next?
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
We were free to ski with the older two all day. It was just a fabulous day all around.
I might phone an old friend who lives out here to see if they want some company tonight. That would be pretty cool. She has a little girl Liv's age. It turns out the nightlife here kind of sucks and there are no pay-per-view movies. So I'm at a loss. Short of driving around again tonight and finding more elk licking people's front windows and walking down the street, we are quite boring. Har-dee-har-har-har.
Today is a shopping day and hopefully get in a short hike tomorrow before we head home.
The good blogger that I was in the past would have made sure that I preposted fabulous reading for you in my absence, but, alas, that good blogger is long gone. In her stead you get me. That's all.
Love me anyway.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 09, 2009
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
- Livvy's squeaky little voice is probably enough to make other people's ears bleed, but to me it fills my heart and and rocks my world!
- No matter how hard I try to parent my kids and guide them, all they are learning from me is what they do not want to become.
- It hurts to hear my five year old yell out "I hate you!", but it is even harder to hear her say "You don't even love me."
- I'm too strict. I'm not fair. And I suck.
- I always love one of my kids more than the other two. Which one that is depends on who is accusing me of it at any given moment.
- Partnership in parenting is just as important as partnership in a marriage.
- Having the same size feet as your daughters is not good. There go my soccer shoes.
- Clean is great, but tidy works too.
- Being a stay home mom is a thankless job, but it is the most important one in the whole world. I know that for certain now that I'm no longer there.
- Their friends are stranger than mine.
First I would look for a red light camera, the walk/hand light, etc ... Then I'd run that sucker!
2. If you had the chance to re-do the last 24 hours, would you change anything?
I would have mooned her back. Don't ask.
3. When you reply to someone's comment on your blog, do you reply in your comments or go to her blog and comment? (Or email her)
I'm such a horrible blogger these days. Sigh... Normally I would email, but if they have the "no reply" on, then I would comment on their blog.
4. Your favorite Disney movie is:
Oh, most definitely Mulan!!!
5. Do you recycle?
Only when my garbage can is full. We just don't have room to have blue bags and blue boxes and regular garbage bags and bottle bags going. It's insane!
6. Games of strategy or games of chance?
I totally suck at both, but prefer games of chance. I'm really not very bright and hate for people to discover that! lol
7. Do you have any recurring dreams?
I'm thin, and fit and beautiful and have tons of friends and a busy social calendar full of all things fun. And then I wake up.
8. What did you learn from your first real job?
I worked at Wendy's from 14 and stayed for a couple of years. Amin, the manager, was an ass.
9. Do you buy or borrow most books?
I beg, borrow and buy. I just love to read. In fact, if I was smart, and I was a better blogger, I could do a "What I've Read" post, but alas, I forget what I've read five minutes after I put it down.
10. What fashion trend of the past did you say you'd never wear again but did?
There are many things that I can tell you I will never wear again, such as balloon pants. Quick zips were fun, but the body that did them justice is long gone. '80s hair was totally awesome in an "I'm such a loser" way. I can tell you some things that I wish people would STOP wearing, like skinnies and plumber pants!
11. When do you start Christmas shopping?
Before Livvy came along on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas), that was my day of choice, but now it is her day, so I start sometime in October.
12. Have you ever been so happy that you literally jumped up and down for a few seconds? If so, what was the occasion?
I worked a bingo the other night, and someone I had been selling cards to all night won "the big one". I literally ran, jumping and twirling across the hall to get to her before anyone else, and calling out "Pick me! Pick me!!" Have I mentioned before that I'm a loser? Well, I am.
Thanks Betty for letting me steal your post!