My life in pictures, stories and open letters.

My life in pictures, stories and open letters.
Warning

Please be advised that you are entering my blog.
My blog.
The opinions herein are mine.
I am free to rant and vent to my heart's content.
If you find yourself mentioned here, then you've made quite an impression on me.
Feel free to read on if you would like to know if that impression is good, bad or ugly.
If you choose not to know, I invite you to move your mouse over to the little red X in the top corner of your screen and click.
Regardless of the option you choose, I hope you have a fabulous day!



Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Step Two - Shut Up Already.


Okay. So. Clearly the majority don't care about, nor want, my amazing wisdom into keeping our individuality.

Yes, I know I made it far more complex just now than I did in my post, but I was trying to lure you in gently.

I had my week all planned out.

I was going to give you more advice.  More options.  More enjoyable, guilt-free ways to be YOU. Not Mom. Not The Better Half, or the Little Woman. That last one wouldn't work in my case anyway, but hey, congrats to those it fits.

I spent hours coming up with just the ideal things to talk to you about. It was about our power as women. Giving our husbands more time with the kids. About walking away from the laundry that you're drowning in.

Sigh.

We are women. Watch us click away from that which would empower us.

Yeah, yeah. Whatev.

So, now that my plans for you have had to change. All I've got for you is this:

What I've been reading .... 

Click link above for an exerpt from the book.



Starred Review. Bestseller Clark is at her best when writing of crime against children, as shown in this chilling tale of kidnapping, murder and telepathy. Before leaving for a black-tie affair in New York City, Margaret and Steve Frawley celebrate the third birthday of their twin girls, Kathy and Kelly, with a party at their new home in Ridgefield, Conn. Later that night, when Margaret can't reach the babysitter, she contacts the Ridgefield police. The frantic couple return home to find the children missing and a ransom note demanding $8 million. Though the Frawleys meet all the conditions, only Kelly turns up in a car along with a dead driver and a suicide note saying that Kathy has died. But Kelly's telepathic messages from her sister keep telling her differently, and Margaret won't give up hope. Even the most skeptical law enforcement officers and the FBI, who pursue suspects from New York to Cape Cod, begin to believe Kelly is on to something. Clues from ordinary people lead to a riveting conclusion. Rivaling Clark's debut—Where Are the Children?—this suspense thriller is certain to send terror into the heart of any parent. (Apr.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

My review: This was an enjoyable book.  The beginning was a little hoaky, but by the middle I wasn't putting it down. It wasn't alone time that had me hauling my arse to the coffee shop, it was 20 minutes of quiet time to read the book.  I recommend it for a good, easy read.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

4 comments:

Betty said...

Aha! NOW I GET IT!! ;) You needed to read.... :)
Thanks for the recommendations. Will put it on my "to read" list!

Ronda's Rants said...

Okay...I don't usually read her but since you have given it two thumbs up...I will ...now granted you are desperate for a life...but I am still going to trust your judgment on this!
Did you see I signed up for Bingo?
Who's your best friend?
Yeah...I know!

That Janie Girl said...

Going to get the book now, thanks for the review.

And I'm always open to advice!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I was loving the advice! I think we Moms try to do way too much and have way too much guilt about what we don't do. Myself included!