My life in pictures, stories and open letters.

My life in pictures, stories and open letters.
Warning

Please be advised that you are entering my blog.
My blog.
The opinions herein are mine.
I am free to rant and vent to my heart's content.
If you find yourself mentioned here, then you've made quite an impression on me.
Feel free to read on if you would like to know if that impression is good, bad or ugly.
If you choose not to know, I invite you to move your mouse over to the little red X in the top corner of your screen and click.
Regardless of the option you choose, I hope you have a fabulous day!



Thursday, December 11, 2008

Vacation - Part ... Oh, hell, I don't know!

Welcome everyone from Candid Carrie to my modest little piece of Blogland. If you missed the other parts of my vacation story, go here and hereand here!
So to end our vacation, we spent the last two days in Cancun at the Great Parnassus. This resort has a "sister" that is adult only, but was more expensive, so we stayed at the family one. I don't have to say much on this one. I'll just show you..... (in no particular order!)...


A beautiful sunset that lasted about four seconds.


Our last night! Sigh... So not ready to (stop drinking) go home.
Inside the hotel. It was a very long walk from one end to the other!
The delightful room with king size bed!

If we leaned REALLY far over our balcony we could get a nice view of the ocean.
(I volunteered George. Because I'm nice and generous like that!)

Tequila volleyball. My favorite vacation past time.

A few "mistakes" (shots) into the game.

See?

The view from the infinite pools.

Our hotel from the back (ocean side).
The infinite pools.
George proved to be a force to be reckoned with in water polo!

Our view.


So sad to go.  But it was a very nice trip, even with the glitches. It ended on a great note with hot, hot sun, pools, games, drinks and lots and lots of food! 

I will be announcing some prizes and winners from my Pay It Forward contest on Saturday!

16 comments:

debi9kids said...

This looks like the most fantastic trip! Absolutely wonderful photos!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Happy Friday!

ps Ok, I am an idiot, but was it you or Ronda that I won the Starbucks gift card for guessing a vaca spot was Nevada? I have no short term memory and I want to spread some linky love....

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Beautiful pics!

Lilly said...

These are great pics and the beaches look beautiful. Looks like you got a great tan too!!

Ronda's Rants said...

Okay...I am so envious...
You have a tattoo...on your shoulder...that had to hurt! I didn't think I would survive mine...my daughter thought I was such a baby! You rcok girl!

careysue said...

I noticed the tattoo as well, we need a close up!


What a wonderful vacation...you look gorgeous and tan!!!

Happy Friday!!

jill jill bo bill said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! I think you need to contact the resort and tell them to buy them for advertising. I know I am going there simply because of the Volleyball. I totally suck and will be needing lots of shots!

wy-not said...

G'morning. I love this Foto Friday posts. I get to see vay-cay-shun pix this way. They look loverly. Very very loverly. Just think. Spending half of the year in the tropics is only a lottery-win away. Sigh.

Rhonda said...

Huh? Only half? Are you nuts?

wy-not said...

Nah. We Canucks can only go away for six months of the year or the tax man dings us, and we'd be illegal aliens in the U.S. (not so sure about Mexico). However, you could spend the other half in Victoria, or southern Ontario - Canada's version of the tropics...

Claremont First Ward said...

Look how much sun you both got. I'm envying your bronze, sun kissed skin, right about now. I'm so glad your trip ended well. I had a VERY hard time coming home, too! :)

jen721 said...

That looks like so much fun. And what a beautiful sunset!

Susie said...

That looks like sooooooo much fun!!!

Betty said...

What a HUGE hotel!! But so beautiful. I can only dream to maybe one day see something like this in person...
I´m glad it ended on a good note!

Aunt Julie said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! Gotta love Tequila Volleyball!

KatBouska said...

I'm refusing to read the root canal story even though I assigned it...I will bask in the lovely-ness of your vacation and dream of a time when I too will be living the good life playing tequila volleyball...

Michelle said...

Makes me want to go back down to Cancun. BTW: I think that my girls favorite memory of being in cancun was the swim up bars. :) Gotta start them young.