My life in pictures, stories and open letters.

My life in pictures, stories and open letters.
Warning

Please be advised that you are entering my blog.
My blog.
The opinions herein are mine.
I am free to rant and vent to my heart's content.
If you find yourself mentioned here, then you've made quite an impression on me.
Feel free to read on if you would like to know if that impression is good, bad or ugly.
If you choose not to know, I invite you to move your mouse over to the little red X in the top corner of your screen and click.
Regardless of the option you choose, I hope you have a fabulous day!



Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Layla Grace


November 26, 2007 - March 9, 2010

I have not asked permission to publish this post.

I have not asked permission to use a picture.

But I'm going to.

Because her family wants people to know.

They want people to know Layla Grace in all her beauty

and spirit

and love

and finally, in the disease that took her.

Layla Grace "went to play with the angels" this morning. She had stage IV neuroblastoma. It was very agressive and took her quickly upon its return.

She had loving parents and sisters who adored her.

And many thousands of people around the world prayed, and fell in love with this sweet little girl.

And I don't think I would underestimate if I told you that millions of tears have been cried.

I encourage you to go and get to know this little girl through their blog, Layla Grace.

I highly recommend you have kleenex handy.

And you can donate if you choose.

10 comments:

Betty W said...

I´m so sorry. I have not read this blog, but will go over and take a look. That must be so hard to loose such a sweet child!

Amy said...

So sad! Thanks for passing the info along :(

Tiffany said...

I came over through SITS. I commend her parents for writing their blog about Layla Grace, for their strength, passion and love. To just name a few. I think we all shed tears when hearing of her passing. But one thing is for certain, she is with Jesus now. God bless you for passing her story along.

Margaret said...

That is so sad! Stopping by from SITS!

wy-not said...

I do not know how cancer parents put one foot in front of the other, how they get out of bed in the morning, how they face another day. Their strength and commitment is far beyond normal understanding. I never ever want to have to know that kind of courage. God bless all the little cancer warriors. We all need to stand up and insist that more cancer research funds are dedicated to childhood cancers. This has to stop.

Anonymous said...

Soooo Sad......

KK said...

Praying for her sweet family.

Lilly said...

It is sad, what a gorgeous Angel she must be now. Prayers for all who loved her.

Teri said...

Oh my, another precious baby lost to this terrible disease. So very sad. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Tonya said...

I heard about Layla Grace and was checking out the blog regularly to see how she had been doing. I was so sad to hear about her passing away. I hate cancer!