My life in pictures, stories and open letters.

My life in pictures, stories and open letters.
Warning

Please be advised that you are entering my blog.
My blog.
The opinions herein are mine.
I am free to rant and vent to my heart's content.
If you find yourself mentioned here, then you've made quite an impression on me.
Feel free to read on if you would like to know if that impression is good, bad or ugly.
If you choose not to know, I invite you to move your mouse over to the little red X in the top corner of your screen and click.
Regardless of the option you choose, I hope you have a fabulous day!



Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I'm layin' it out there folks!!! No offense intended, but ....




http://www.asiancanadian.net/2007/09/politician-wants-music-promoter-bruce.html


It is NOT racist.

It is FACTUAL.


SPEAK UP FOR YOUR COUNTRY CANADIANS!


Bruce Allen is not out of hot water yet.



VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980) - Despite being given a show of support by Vancouver 2010 organizers, embattled music manager and CKNW editorialist, Bruce Allen is not out of hot water just yet as the fallout continues from his recent commentary indicating immigrants to Canada should 'fit in,' or 'go home.'

Richmond Liberal MP, Raymond Chan, is set to file an official complaint with the CRTC (Canadian Radio & Television Commission) about Allen's recent 'reality check' alleging the piece was discriminatory. Chan is also demanding an official apology and a retraction of the comments.

It's time we all get behind Bruce Allen, and scrap this Political Correctness business. His comments were anything but racist, but there are far too many overly-sensitive 'New Canadians' that are trying to change everything we hold dear.

For example, our National Anthem: Don't know what your opinions are, but I certainly agree. --- I'm sorry, but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in Hindi - enough is enough. Nowhere or at no other time in our nation's history, did they sing it in Italian, Japanese, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German, Portuguese, Greek, or any other language because of immigration. It was written in English, and should be sung word for word the way it was written. The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close.

I am not sorry if this offends anyone, this is MY COUNTRY - IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP ---- please pass this along.... I am not against immigration .. Just come through like everyone else... Get a sponsor; get a place to lay your head; get a job; pay your taxes; live by the rules ...AND... LEARN THE LANGUAGE

As all other immigrants have in the past .

And LONG LIVE CANADA!

PART OF THE PROBLEM? Think about this: If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone-----YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM !!!!

Will we still be the Country of Choice and still be CANADA if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries who have come to live in CANADA because it is the Country of Choice??????

Think about it! IMMIGRANTS, NOT CANADIAN'S, MUST ADAPT.

It is Time for CANADA to Speak up.

If you agree - pass This along.


Rhonda's Thoughts:

I forwarded an email like this not long ago and it started quite the controversy! And I love a good debate.

I whole-heartedly agree with this message.

What other country caters to the customs of their "guests"?

This is not racist. I do not care if you come from Ireland, China or the fine USA.

Don't tell me I can't say Merry Christmas because it might offend someone. It is Christmas, and I do hope you have a merry one. If you choose to wish me "Happy Hanukkah", I won't be offended. If you ask me over for pyrogies for Ukranian Christmas, I would come. And I would eat a lot to show my appreciation. No, really. I totally would.

Don't let someone carry a weapon just because it is his/her custom in "their" country. (That is always the wording, which I find funny in a very not funny sort of way.) If I carry a dagger in my pocket, it would be called "carrying a concealed weapon" and I would likely find myself in front of a judge.

When I am applying for a job, don't ask me if I am a visible minority before you have even looked at my qualifications!!! May the best person win, regardless of gender or race. (I told my husband recently, when he was filling out a job application, to say that yes, he is a visible minority. He is a caucasian male!!)

It's pretty plain and simple, really. If you liked the ways of things so much where you come from, then why did you leave? If you don't like it here, go somewhere else. Don't expect us to molly-coddle you and make you feel at home.

I think multi-culturalism is great. I really do. BUT, multi-culturalism in Canada without the Canadian customs makes US feel discriminated against. How fair is that?


So, I've laid it out there. What do you think?




:

No comments: