My life in pictures, stories and open letters.

My life in pictures, stories and open letters.
Warning

Please be advised that you are entering my blog.
My blog.
The opinions herein are mine.
I am free to rant and vent to my heart's content.
If you find yourself mentioned here, then you've made quite an impression on me.
Feel free to read on if you would like to know if that impression is good, bad or ugly.
If you choose not to know, I invite you to move your mouse over to the little red X in the top corner of your screen and click.
Regardless of the option you choose, I hope you have a fabulous day!



Thursday, April 13, 2017

Fat

Fat
It is often spoken of like it is the worst possible fate for a human.  Worse than cancer. 
Fat
The tone with which people even say the word makes you think it is shameful and disgusting.
I suppose it is.
Fat
People have been known to say, to me, “I don’t want to get fat!”  And they use that tone.
Do you know that fat people are harder on themselves than anyone else could ever be?
Yes, I’m fat.
I don’t have a thyroid condition.  I have no other possible medical excuse.
I’m fat.
Because I have had a life full of bad habits.
Because I love sugar.
Because I have a sedentary job.
Because I have crappy genetics.
Because after baby number three, I just didn’t have it in me to fight it anymore.

Because, dammit, I like to eat.  And even as temporary as it is, eating makes me happy. It gives me pleasure.
But you know what? It turns out happiness is just as temporary.  
And so I will eat.  And enjoy it.  And be miserable.  And hate myself.  But I will still eat. 


No comments: