My life in pictures, stories and open letters.

My life in pictures, stories and open letters.
Warning

Please be advised that you are entering my blog.
My blog.
The opinions herein are mine.
I am free to rant and vent to my heart's content.
If you find yourself mentioned here, then you've made quite an impression on me.
Feel free to read on if you would like to know if that impression is good, bad or ugly.
If you choose not to know, I invite you to move your mouse over to the little red X in the top corner of your screen and click.
Regardless of the option you choose, I hope you have a fabulous day!



Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Let's Chat, Shall We?

I feel the need to complain.

You don't mind, do you?

Good.

Are you sick of seeing this?

Yeah, me too.

How about this?
They look like stupid, ugly penguins. 
Only penguins aren't ugly.
So that comment made absolutely no sense.

Moving on.

I actually told Asia that she should gather a few friends and do this with their jeans and boxers and see how fast the principal put a stop to it!  Yet boys have been doing this for 16 years.  

I'm sure some of you are thinking, "You would LET your daughter do that? To sacrifice her reputation? Make her the pawn in your little game just so you could prove a point?" 

Why yes. Yes, I would.



I think we need to apply something like this....

And it would also apply to this...because it's just plain wrong.


Now these? Besides being weird, slutty and just plain ugly, they look uncomfortable as hell!  Although the belly button bauble is kind of cute.



However, to be honest, the double standard would totally piss me off.

8 comments:

KK said...

I don't see why some people bother wearing pants, I mean they are showing all the parts that really should be covered!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

I do NOT understand why this trend has hung on (barely!) for so many years. It looks so ridiculous!

I read on someone's blog the perfect solution to this - it guarantees that MY boys will never wear pants like that. It's called a reverse wet willie. She would lick her finger and then stick it right in the offending butt crack and that kid would jump 10 feet! Icky I know, but after that, all she had to do was lick her finger and walk towards him and those pants were *instantly* yanked up and securely belted. I thought it was a fabulous and hilarious solution, but I hope she boiled that finger! The things Moms have to do for their kids.

wy-not said...

The years have shown me that fashion is cyclical, so I too wonder why this trend has hung on for so long. I believe it's for shock value. They know we hate it, HATE it like no other fashion trend before. The real solution lies in ALL OF US adopting this trend. HAHAHA. Imagine the faces on those kids if their fat old grandparents and their aunties and uncles and teachers all showed up with their granny underwear bulking out of the tops of their pants. They'd be dressing preppy before you know it. LOL

Together We Save said...

It is crazy, why would you wear anything you had to hold on your body? And the thong hanging out of the jeans....makes me gag.

Blog Stalker said...

I couldn't agree with you more. We need to form a mob. lol no, I seriously want to pull the kids pants down...sometimes there not even kids....but then....yes...I would be the one in trouble.

I remember when wearing a hat backward was the cusp of rebellion!

Have a great day!

Betty W said...

I HATE HATE HATE them!! Where do I sign the petition??

Bethany said...

Sign me up to protest! It's so disturbing!

lldavidll said...

ahh nice i love my to sag.. love you babie