My life in pictures, stories and open letters.

My life in pictures, stories and open letters.
Warning

Please be advised that you are entering my blog.
My blog.
The opinions herein are mine.
I am free to rant and vent to my heart's content.
If you find yourself mentioned here, then you've made quite an impression on me.
Feel free to read on if you would like to know if that impression is good, bad or ugly.
If you choose not to know, I invite you to move your mouse over to the little red X in the top corner of your screen and click.
Regardless of the option you choose, I hope you have a fabulous day!



Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Nimrod that I am tried to play soccer last night.  I think I either pulled or tore my plantar faschia. But, the good news is that the injury helped me get in on a cancellation today at the Sports Medicine Clinic. 

The only BAD thing, is WOW, do I look like an idiot trying to get around. 

I tried to hop up the stairs last night from the garage and fell on my elbow.

Yeah, have your laugh. My family certainly has.

I'm off to the doctor. 


**It turns out that it is a tear and I am now in a walking boot/air cast for about six weeks followed by hugely expensive orthotics and maybe even radiation shock therapy of some kind. And in my defence, I really didn't play hard last night, it was just a reach that did it.

F*ck.

5 comments:

wy-not said...

Well, crap. Two stories. Dad and I both were able to cure our plantar fasciitis with medication. On the other hand, I have a friend who wore orthotics and went to physio and hobbled around for MONTHS! Still, on a third hand (?), if you TORE something, then I have no idea what I'm talking about! I hope you have a great day anyway, and that you get really spanky space-age crutches. :-(

Betty said...

So sorry to hear this! I guess that means no soccer for a while!
Hope you get better soon!

Teri said...

Hey, you and I can be goofy foot injury buddies. I wrote about my ridiculous feet today.

I hope you take plenty of pix with that lovely boot on. :-)

Ronda's Rants said...

OMG the agony ...Oh the pain...I remember mine! I hope it heals fast!

Lilly said...

Hope you are doing ok with your foot injury and they managed to work out what the problem was! Oh I am still sad you are not blogging anymore...