My life in pictures, stories and open letters.

My life in pictures, stories and open letters.
Warning

Please be advised that you are entering my blog.
My blog.
The opinions herein are mine.
I am free to rant and vent to my heart's content.
If you find yourself mentioned here, then you've made quite an impression on me.
Feel free to read on if you would like to know if that impression is good, bad or ugly.
If you choose not to know, I invite you to move your mouse over to the little red X in the top corner of your screen and click.
Regardless of the option you choose, I hope you have a fabulous day!



Sunday, January 11, 2009

Welcome To Alberta




Do you want to wager a guess how much time has passed between these two pictures?

What. Not a gambler?

Six minutes, folks. And that's just when I noticed. These changes are usually pretty instantaneous.

Liv & I were completely white just running from Superstore into the van. As we were driving down the road, the sky was black and snow was blowing all over in our own little mini-blizzard. Then, suddenly, with the sky still black ahead of us and behind us, directly above us, or so it seemed, the sky opened up and the sun came out in the wildest, brightest colour. Black all around, and yet so bright I was tempted to grab my sunglasses.

Weird.

9 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

Oh my goodness...it is almost 80 degrees here and I am thanking everything that is holy!
You are welcome anytime!

Michelle said...

Yiks. Like Ronda, we are sitting we are having great weather so I can't imagine it snowing.

Betty said...

We have friends living in Alberta and they have told us about your weird weather over there....

wy-not said...

Ah I must be a good little Canadian girl. What that blizzard picture says to me is "come toast your toes by the fireplace, enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and read a good book."

I love our winters. Honest. Driving sometimes sucks, but you take the bad with the good, right?

Missy said...

I am so jealous! I love snow! We are supposed to get a "trace" amount this week! Send the snow my way! Love your blog!

Ronda's Rants said...

uh Oh I just heard on the news Canadian Cold air is on the way...
I don't want it...just send money! :)

Claremont First Ward said...

6 minutes is all? Wow.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

As a Florida girl who's never even seen snow, this blows my mind. I was expecting you to say days or weeks. Minutes? Wow.

Bethany said...

Wow, that's really wild! The weather here can be nutso too but usually not such a fast change :)