My life in pictures, stories and open letters.

My life in pictures, stories and open letters.
Warning

Please be advised that you are entering my blog.
My blog.
The opinions herein are mine.
I am free to rant and vent to my heart's content.
If you find yourself mentioned here, then you've made quite an impression on me.
Feel free to read on if you would like to know if that impression is good, bad or ugly.
If you choose not to know, I invite you to move your mouse over to the little red X in the top corner of your screen and click.
Regardless of the option you choose, I hope you have a fabulous day!



Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thursday's Homework Assignment


I don't remember very many of my teachers. A couple from elementary. A few from junior high. And basically none from high school because, well, I didn't really go very much. I definitely don't have a FAVORITE, so I will write about the only ones I can think of.

Mr. Greenslade, he was grade seven.
And he was such a fool.
We all totally knew he stood at the front
Just playing his 'pocket pool'!!

Ms. Hall from junior high
With hair down past her ass.
And, not surprisingly,
The boys NEVER skipped gym class.

Mr. Cowan, you deserve two verses
Nope. Your slates not clean.
Remember the time I helped make the display?
And for the news photo you picked Colleen!

Grade six should have been grand!
But you liked the grade five teacher.
So the only field trip we took with our friends
Was for the year end feature.

Mr. Smith needed a lesson in patience.
I remember you slamming out the door.
When the kids played chicken in the back
Poor guy just couldn't take any more.

Mr. Meyer. Poor Mr. Meyer.
He knew he couldn't win.
And rumour has it, by the end of the year
He was off to the loony bin!


We were such good kids!! lol

For more, go and see Mama Kat!

And great big happy birthday wishes to Cassie, who's turning 12 today!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What, no good kindly teachers?

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

Lilly said...

HA HA Rhonda, well done. I only recall a few teachers too. Selective memory. And they were the ones I either hated or liked. I didnt like high school either. Still wouldnt go back if you paid me a million dollars to do it.

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday, Cassie!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cassie! The last verse was awesome! Very clever.

Ronda's Rants said...

Very cute...I have a great drawing at my blog for a great girl...Okay I am not giving away a girl...that would be wrong!

Betty said...

Good stuff! Now you´re a poet too...
Happy Birthday to Cassie!!

wy-not said...

Hahaha. I remember all those teachers, but I don't think you ever told me before about the pocket pool! I still see Mr. Cowan sometimes, and he always remembers you and your brothers. I am so proud! And to Cassie, happy birthday sweetheart. We'll see you at supper!

Anonymous said...

Did you really hassle all your teachers? ;)

Rhonda said...

Yes. Yes we did. lol