My life in pictures, stories and open letters.

My life in pictures, stories and open letters.
Warning

Please be advised that you are entering my blog.
My blog.
The opinions herein are mine.
I am free to rant and vent to my heart's content.
If you find yourself mentioned here, then you've made quite an impression on me.
Feel free to read on if you would like to know if that impression is good, bad or ugly.
If you choose not to know, I invite you to move your mouse over to the little red X in the top corner of your screen and click.
Regardless of the option you choose, I hope you have a fabulous day!



Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It Seems It Has Happened

I've discovered today that I have become comfortable in my skin.
Not to say that I don't wish it were different, you understand.
But, if this is what I'm going to look like at this moment in my life,
I can live with it.

(Not only because I don't like the other option, either!)

I have a sedentary job. For the most part, I have sedentary hobbies. I chauffeur my kids around and sit and watch them play sports.

But I also play soccer twice a week and play raquetball as often as I can. I like to go to the gym and jog/walk on the treadmills.

My heart should be in okay shape. It's my ass that suffers. And I'm okay with that now.

Instead of wearing baggy clothes and hiding in them, I'm buying the right clothes that I can be myself in and getting them altered to fit. (I'm a pear, and they just don't understand that your average plus size woman can still have a waistline!) Unfortunately that adds $15 to EACH pair of pants that I buy.

But I'm totally worth it.

I might even buy myself some nice shoes so I don't have to wear my runners all the time.

Because I am totally worth it!

You all may think that I'm silly. But trust me. This was a long time coming!

19 comments:

Lilly said...

BRAVO to you!!!! I am a pear too and its ok. You are healthy so thats your natural shape. Acceptance is a weight off the shoulders I think! Loved this post.

Mamahut said...

You are worth it and more! Your a mom.

I am an apple. Being an apple is bad. I'm not bad, just the apple belly. Have a great day Pear!

Ronda's Rants said...

Totally pear shape here too!
For years and years ...my Hubby has taken pictures of my butt and it has upset me more times than I can tell you! Finally...my daughter of all people said ...you don't photograph something you don't like over and over Mom! So...I still hate my butt...but I do realize it is actaully an "asset!"
I know...I'll go home now!

Amy said...

You are not silly. This is awesome. Everyone has to be happy with themselves before anything or anyone else. Good for you!! :D

Betty said...

I am getting there, but still not there.
Good for you, for being happy with yourself!

Anita J. said...

Brilliant post. And where in the world did you find that picture?

Queenie Jeannie said...

BRAVO to you!!! I'm proud of you!

wy-not said...

Hurray! I've always said size is only a number. Weight is only a number. It's what's in your heart that matters most. I love you!

amelia bedelia said...

I think its great that you are feeling good about yourself. I'm still not there yet. sigh. good for you miss rhonda!!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Not silly...fantastic! GO YOU!

Tulsi said...

That's great you are comfortable in your own skin. You are the best you for you. (??) I prefer to be me, also. You are worth it. Get them altered!

Momma said...

Good for you! I hope to feel that way some day too. Between my National Geographic boobs and my lumpy ass it may be a while before I get there.

tiarastantrums said...

Cute post!!

Unknown said...

YAY...you've joined the land of the blissfully happy to be alive group!!!YAY! YAY!

So...when are we going for that slice of cake we denied ourselves of last time?

Rhonda said...

Actually, Evi, I think we had our grease, and the cake too! lol

Melissa Lee said...

What a great post my sweet friend. I am proud for you and proud of you.

Melissa at Stretch Marks

jill jill bo bill said...

How did I miss this post? I am so proud for you! I wish I could like myself. I have accepted...guess that is the first step!

careysue said...

I am so proud of you!!

How many women can say that? Not many and I am working on it everyday...(liking myself that is)

and guess what I like you too...you're pretty cool!

Ash said...

I just had this recent epiphany myself. Hopefully I can hold onto it for at least a week. Very freeing. Horray for you!

And that photo is just incredible. So sad and touching.

Em